Accelerated Repair Program
As a result of the lessons learned from its Green Repair Program, the MSBA has instituted an Accelerated Repair Program (“Program”) as part of its ongoing repair program. The Program is primarily for the repair and/or replacement of roofs, windows/doors, and/or boilers with the potential to include additional systems as may be determined by the MSBA contingent upon available funding and capacity in the capital pipeline. The Program focuses on the preservation of existing assets by performing energy-efficient and cost-saving upgrades, which will result in direct operational savings for school districts. In order to maximize the impact of this Program, districts are required to use pre-selected consultants. In addition, districts are required to appropriate funding quickly in order to adhere to an accelerated project schedule.
Districts that have repair needs in their school facilities that inhibit the cost-effective and energy-efficient delivery of the district’s educational program expressed interest in the Accelerated Repair Program through the MSBA’s Statement of Interest ("SOI") process. Since 2010, districts have been participating in our Repair Programs as indicated in the table below:
|Repair Program||Districts||Schools||Total Project Costs||Maximum Facility Grants||Number of Projects Final Audit Approved|
|Financial totals reflect projects approved for Project Funding Agreements as of the November 9, 2016 Board of Directors' Meeting.
*District and School totals reflect invitations.
Accelerated Repair Program Overview
Annual Project History
- 2016 Accelerated Repair Program Invitations
- 2015 Accelerated Repair Program Invitations
- 2014 Accelerated Repair Program Invitations
- 2013 Accelerated Repair Program Invitations
- 2012 Accelerated Repair Program Invitations
- Initial Compliance Certification (ICC)
- Terms and Conditions
- Schematic Design Vote Language
- Accelerated Repair Program Syllabus for 2016 Invitations (Updated)
|Consultant Assignment (2012–2014 Invitations)||Consultant Assignment (2015–2016 Invitations)|
|Schematic Design/Project Funding Agreement (PFA) Approval (2012–2014 Invitations)||Schematic Design/Project Funding Agreement (PFA) Approval (2015–2016 Invitations)|
|DD/CD Submission Checklist (2012–2014 Invitations)||DD/CD Submission Checklist (2015–2016 Invitations)|
- Template Project Funding Agreement Bid Amendment Worksheet
- Template Change Order Log
- Budget Revision Request
- Standard Schedule of Values
- Module 8 – Completing the Project (Project Closeout)
Questions about the Accelerated Repair Program? Please contact Mike McGurl via email or at (617) 720-4466.