The Designer Roundtable is comprised of individuals who currently provide or who wish to provide Designer services for MSBA-funded projects. The agendas for these discussions are developed based on input from the Designer community and are chaired and run by the individuals providing Designer services to discuss issues or concerns affecting school projects.
The next meeting of the Designer Roundtable is scheduled for:
- Thursday, June 17, 2021 on the topic of Healthier Building Materials
- 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- At this Roundtable, Harvard’s Chief Sustainability Officer Heather Henriksen will lead a discussion on research from Harvard faculty and other scientists on why addressing chemicals of concern in building materials is a priority for selecting healthier building materials and products. Join us on June 17th to learn more about how Harvard’s sustainable building standards promote an increase in the transparency of ingredients used in building projects and how to get started on optimizing products for health. Heather will also share the work of Harvard’s Healthier Building Academy, a partnership between her office and faculty from three Harvard graduate schools, and how working with architects, designers, contractors, manufacturers, other owners, etc. in the supply chain is leading to greater health and well-being for building occupants and a more sustainable, healthier, equitable world for all.
- To RSVP and receive Zoom registration information, please contact Ariel Alves here.
Attending a Designer Roundtable
- We ask that you RSVP no later than ONE WEEK before the roundtable if you plan to be attending.
- For the foreseeable future, roundtables will be held via Zoom.
- When confirming your attendance, please list any suggestions you have for future topics and the names of the attendees.
If you have any questions about the Designer Roundtable, please click here.