Story of a Building Seminar, November 2017 (West Bridgewater, MA)
Building Your School from the Inside Out:
Best Practices in School Furniture Planning, Selection and Procurement
Tips & Resources from Interior Design Professionals:
- Some school architectural firms provide in-house interior design services. In a panel discussion moderated by the Town of Brookline’s Chief Procurement Officer, David Geanakakis, two interior design professionals from architectural firms that work with MA school districts, Giovanna Chaisson from Dore and Whittier Architects Inc. and Emily Czarnecki from JCJ Architecture, provided information on what to expect from your interior design professional.
- Emily and Giovanna shared the skill set that they bring to each school building project, including providing school furniture product options that reinforce a school districts educational program, an overall design vision, product options for budget pricing, procurement assistance and contingency planning. They shared the latest information on universal design, fabric technology, movement and mobility, dual function furniture items, furniture that incorporates technology and height adjustable desks, lecterns and tables.
- What to Expect From Your Interior Design Professional
- Tips on Planning from Brookline’s Chief Procurement Officer
* While some designers will provide this, districts may need to request this upfront from others.