OPM Review Panel
Protecting the Taxpayers’ Investment
Owner’s Project Managers are the centerpiece of the MSBA’s efforts to maximize accountability and the return on taxpayers’ investment in school construction. As a representative of both the owner and the MSBA, an OPM is the focal point for project management and accountability.
The MSBA’s Owner’s Project Manager (OPM) Review Panel was formed to ensure that school districts receive the highest quality OPM services. Its mission is to assist districts with the selection of qualified OPMs, who will orchestrate the process of design and construction from beginning to end. According to state law, if construction costs are estimated to be $1.5 million or more, an OPM is required.
Selection and approval is a qualifications based process, and an OPM generally must be registered with the Commonwealth as a professional engineer or architect and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction and supervision of the construction of public buildings. An OPM brings to the table the experience and know-how often not available on building committees alone.
An OPM works as a consultant through the completion of the project and must be completely independent from the designer, general contractor and any sub-contractors involved in the project at all times. The OPM Review Panel meetings are open to the public and are held once a month.
Owner’s Project Manager Review Panel:
- Natasha Bizanos-Ashe*, Senior Counsel, 30B Coordinator, Office of the Inspector General
- Francis X. Callahan, Jr. – President, Massachusetts Building Trades Council, AFL-CIO
- Dominic D’Eramo – PE, ACEC
- Mary A. Gately – Director of Market Services, Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts
- Steven Joyce – Political Director, New England Regional Council of Carpenters
- Michael J. Lambert – Director of Design and Construction Services, DCAM Office of Planning, Design and Construction
- Jack McCarthy– Executive Director, MSBA
- Michael McNally – President, Maverick Construction
- Mary Pichetti – Director of Capital Planning, MSBA
- John Robertson – Director of Legislative Division, Massachusetts Municipal Association
- Carl B. Sciple – PE, CCM
- Jeffrey Sullivan – Painters and Allied Trades District Council 35
- The Honorable Michael Sullivan – Marketing Director, Sullivan Insurance and Real Estate; Former Mayor, City of Lawrence, MA
- Michael Tranghese – Secretary/Treasurer, MA Laborers District Council
The Office of the Inspector General will advise and review the work of the OPM Review Panel.
Unless otherwise noted, OPM Review Panel meetings will be held from 2:00-4:00 pm at the MSBA’s offices, located at 40 Broad Street, Suite 500, Boston, MA. This schedule is subject to change. Please contact the MSBA if you have any questions. Meetings are open to the public. To encourage discussion, competitors are asked to leave the room when proposed OPMs selected by a district present before the panel.
If you have questions about the OPM Panel , please contact Marie Deslauriers (617) 720-4466