Module 3 – Feasibility Study
Module 3 - Feasibility Study Guidelines
Upon successful conclusion of procurement of Owner's Project Management and Designer services in accordance with the procedures outlined under Module 2 - Forming the Project Team, the District and its team collaborate with the MSBA to document their educational program, generate an initial space summary, document existing conditions, establish design parameters, develop and evaluate alternatives, and recommend the most cost effective and educationally appropriate preferred solution to the MSBA Board of Directors for their consideration. During this phase, the Owner's Project Manager will submit on behalf of the District and its Designer a Preliminary Design Program and a Preferred Schematic Report. Approval by the MSBA Board of Directors is required for all projects to proceed into schematic design. Please refer to Module 4 - Schematic Design for additional information.
The following documents are available to assist the District:
- MSBA Space Summary Templates
- Module 3 - Local Actions and Approvals Certification Template
- Budget Statement for Preferred Schematic
- Module 3 - Feasibility Study Completion Checklist
- Submittal Dates for Board Meetings
- Project Advisory (#24): Update to the MSBA’s Sustainable Building Design Policy
Approval by the MSBA Board of Directors is required for all projects in order to advance the preferred schematic into schematic design.
As of the June 3, 2015 Board Meeting:
Based on the most recent data and schedules provided to the MSBA by districts, the MSBA anticipates that nine districts will present their preferred schematic designs to the Board at the upcoming August, and September Board meetings.
At the June 3, 2015 Board Meeting:
- One District, was granted an amendment to their Feasibility Study Agreement (Boston)
- Two Districts presented their preferred schematic designs to the Board (Carver, Hopkinton)